DIY | Crayons to Lipstick?
If you're into beauty and haven't seen this little DIY that's been floating around the internet - you're simply not Pinteresting hard enough. Believe it or not, the title is true and here's a really easy way to turn your crayons into a completely safe lipstick or tinted balm - with some adjustments meaning you won't have to scrub hot wax from your favouite glass bowl - bonus - but you may look slightly like you're part of some kind of drug cartel. So please, make sure you tell whoever you live with beforehand!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
A box of non-toxic crayons (I used Crayola - Violet Red)
A small container - that won't melt or smash when hot
A cocktail stick or other small mixing utensil
1. Put some water on to boil in the saucepan and cover with tinfoil making sure to keep an eye on the temperature,
2. Whilst the water is boiling, snap the crayon into four roughly equal pieces and discard two for later.
3. Add the remaining two pieces into your small container with a small amount of coconut oil.
4. Personal preference: the more oil you add she more sheer and glossy the lip tint becomes - but if you add too little it can become stiff and hard to use. For a more matte fiinish, remember to be sparing and remember than you can always re-melt it and add more.
5. Find the centre of the tinfoil and pierce some holes in to allow the steam to heat the contents of your container.
6. Leave to melt, stirring continuously and adding more coconut oil if desired.
7. Once the contents is all melted and stirred remove from the heat and allow to cool on a level surface.
8. Allow ten minutes or so to cool and test it out, it should be hard to the touch but melt when you use your fingers to apply.
9. Get creative and personalise with finish (glitter!) or scents.
Let me know if you try out this DIY in the comments below - I'd love to see your photos!